What type of systems-change or Affordable Care Act (ACA)-related activities that you are working on that are showing positive health outcomes?
In a recent national survey of public health nurses (PHNs), Edmonds, Campbell & Gilder (2016) categorized survey participants into the following ACA related activities (based on provisions listed in the law, literature review, and expert opinion from leaders in nursing and PHN):
- 1. Community health assessments
- 2. Integrating primary health care and public health
- 3. Involved in ACO
- 4. Involved in medical home
- 5. Establishing private and public partnerships
- 6. Care Coordination
- 7. Patient Navigation
- 8. Population health data assessment and analysis
- 9. Population health strategy
- 10. Clinical preventive services
- 11. Maternal and child health home visiting
(Reference: Edmonds, J. K., Campbell, L. A. and Gilder, R. E. (2016), Public Health Nursing Practice in the Affordable Care Act Era: A National Survey. Public Health Nursing doi:10.1111/phn.12286).
To share your story: APHN members can log-in to the APHN website, go to the PHN Success Stories Forum and complete the requested information to share your success story!
Not an APHN member? Join us!