Organizational or Academic Institution members receive FREE job postings on this Career Board; non-members pay $250 for a 60 day post.
Not a member? Click here for more information.
To place a free or paid job posting, please contact the APHN office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The local health department in Richmond, Virginia, is looking for a Public Health Nurse Supervisor to oversee population health initiatives including maternal child health, school health, Latino/a health and case management. The successful candidate is passionate about providing leadership, program development/oversight, and building a culture of community-based, innovative public health nursing practice. The Supervisor directly oversees public health nurses, field operations, grant requirements, and data collection and will be encouraged to lead innovative, evidence-based initiatives for health in our City.
To apply for the Public Health Nurse Supervisor position:
Visit the Virginia state website at: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/148057
This position closes on 5/20/19 at midnight.
Public Health Nurse-Advanced (DOH/PHD #69037) State of New Mexico Albuquerque
Please visit our Careers site to review the job posting and complete your application.
1. Click the link below to access our Careers site.
2. Sign In to access your account. If you do not have an account, select the menu bar on the right, and click on New User to create an account.
3. Review the job description and click Apply for Job to begin your application.
If you are a current employee with the State of New Mexico and have a SHARE ID, please sign into your SHARE account. Click on the Careers tile under Employee Self Service to search for the job posting and begin your application.
The County of San Diego, Health and Human Services Agency is seeking qualified
individuals for the position of
Senior Public Health Nurse
Senior Public Health Nurses perform professional public health nursing in homes, public health centers,
and other community settings. As a Senior Public Health Nurse, you will act as a lead nurse
providing consultation, conducting home visits in urban and rural communities, assessing and identifying
individual and community health needs, and providing case management to high-risk populations.
The list established from this recruitment will be used to fill vacancies in various HHSA departments.
This position will be heavily involved in conducting outreach, including making community program
presentations and collaborating with area schools, community clinics, family resource centers, etc. to
promote and support the County's Live Well, San Diego initiative.
1. Valid California Registered Nurse License; AND,
2. Valid Public Health Nurse Certificate at time of appointment; AND,
3. A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing; AND,
4. Three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse with at least two (2) years under the direct
supervision of an official public health agency with a generalized public health nursing program;
OR, three (3) years of experience as a Registered Nurse working with at least one (1) of the
following groups: pregnant women, infants and toddlers, parents, adults and children with TB,
community groups regarding maternal and child health issues and communicable disease.
NOTE: A Master of Science degree in nursing can substitute for one year of the required experience.
For more information, or to apply online, please visit the County of San Diego website at
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
invites applications for the position of:
Quality Assurance Specialist (RN)-Psychiatric Hospital-19238702SDCPH
$77,979.20 - $95,867.20 Annually
This series recruitment will suspend on April 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
The Health and Human Services Agency is seeking dedicated nursing professionals for the position of
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (RN)
(San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital)
Quality Assurance Specialists monitor, evaluate and audit the quality of services provided in various systems, including but not limited to performing quality assurance audits in a hospital setting.
Current vacancies are located at the San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital, 3853 Rosecrans Street, San Diego, CA 92110
The San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital
The San Diego County Psychiatric Hospital (SDCPH) is a publicly funded, free-standing psychiatric hospital. It is a locked facility and a component of the San Diego County Behavioral Health Services' continuum of care. The mission of the Hospital is to provide psychiatric evaluation and crisis intervention-oriented acute treatment for adult residents of San Diego County. The goal of the Hospital is to stabilize patients' behavioral health crisis and move ahead to a less restrictive level of care.
For more information about SDCPH, click here.
The quality candidate will possess:
- A current California Registered Nurse license at the time of application
- Nursing experience in a hospital or Psychiatric inpatient setting
- Program management experience in the areas of quality assurance, performance improvement audits/activities for publicly funded health plans, managed care administrative service organizations, or nursing or pre-hospital care
- Familiarity with State or Federal regulations for hospitals (Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare, Medicaid (CMS), and State regulations)
- The ability to represent the department in high profile community settings
- Proficiency in designing Performance Improvement projects, excel, setting up, collecting, analyzing, and interpreting results of data
- Experience leading teams in executing improvements to ensure compliance with operational requirements
Possession of the following certificate is highly desirable:
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Certificate
- A current California Registered Nurse license is required at the time of application, AND,
Three (3) years of full-time registered nursing experience to include:
- Eighteen (18) months of full-time registered nursing experience in a trauma department, critical care unit, community clinic, correction/detention facility or emergency room; OR,
- Eighteen (18) months performing quality assurance/improvement audits/activities for publicly funded health plans, managed care administrative service organizations, or nursing or prehospital care.
Click here for a complete Quality Assurance Specialist job description, including examples of qualifying experience, required certifications, essential functions and working conditions.
The names of qualified applicants will be placed on a six (6) month employment list based on information provided on the employment and supplemental application.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a job, on a case-by-case basis.
The County of San Diego and its employees embrace the Live Well San Diego vision: A region that is Building Better Health, Living Safely and Thriving. Click here for more information www.livewellsd.org.
Under California Government Code Sections 3100 - 3109, public employees are designated as disaster service workers. The term "public employees" includes all persons employed by the state or any county, city, state agency, or public district. Disaster service workers are required to participate in such disaster service activities as may be assigned to them by their employer or by law.
The County of San Diego is committed to valuing diversity and practicing inclusion because our diverse workforce is our greatest asset and our customers are our number one priority.
Victoria County Public Health Director
The Victoria County Public Health Department (VCPHD) Director primarily reports to the Victoria County Judge and Commissioners & ensures the functional capabilities of the VCPHD to meet the public health needs of the community. The VCPHD Director has a multi-jurisdictional responsibility in Victoria and DeWitt Counties, Texas with additional reporting responsibilities to DeWitt County Judge and the City of Victoria
Victoria County Public Health Director 2019.pdf
Public Health Nurse V