APHN is a member of the
Continuing Education Opportunity:
APHN Public Health Policy Committee
Goals of the Public Health Policy Committee
Guided by APHNs mission to shape the role of public health nursing within the specialty of population health and to educate and advocate for policies and practices that advance the practice of public health nursing to promote the public’s health, the APHN Public Health Policy Committee works to:
1. Advise the APHN Board & Membership on their role in advocacy and policy change.
2. Support policies that promote the public’s health.
2017 Policy Priorities
1. Foster partnerships between community/public health nurses and community health workers.
2. Explore potential value-based funding mechanisms for C/PHNs role and interventions that are positively affecting health outcomes among populations.
3. Advocate for protection of programs that are supported by the Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF).
4. Preserve the advancements provided by the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
State Profiles on the impact of the Prevention and Public Health Fund, Released by Senate HELP Committee on July 5, 2017.